Thursday, August 26, 2004

The Money Line

I should of known as soon as I started a gambling column I'd start losing. In AML I made 3 bets, losing two and making a $250 loss. The bet that saved me was taking Zeta over llamas at 5-2. I did even worse in IML. In 4 bets I got 1 win, 1 push and 2 losses which gave me a net loss of $2,000. The biggest hit I took was ReDS losing to Dedication. Pro was even worse, I lost 2 and 1 was pushed. I was close though. I took the spread on Starseed at 6 over EGO and they lost by 7 and the spread on BoP at 7.5 over Betrayal and they lost by 8. I ended up dropping $1,500.

The way I bet I'm probably always going to lose more bets than I win, but make up for it in the payouts on my winning bets. I'm not looking for betting on the favourites, I'm looking to make bets which give the biggest payouts. I'm not betting against teams, I'm betting against predictors.

In AML the best bet right now is CRIPS over 7rom. A CRIPS wins gives you a 4.50x payout. Last week against us CRIPS showed 4 from the start and played good enough to make me think they'd take out a squad like 7rom pretty easily. The next best bet is }Silence{ over Shadow. Both of these are new squads from non-SVS zones (silence from the gauntlet and shadow from trench wars) so I can't see any real favourite in this game which makes a 2.33x payout on shadow worth a few imaginary dollars. The rest of the match-ups are too close to get good odds or the favourites will win easily. But if you're looking for spread bets I'd take FnD (+6.5) against Warlords.

In IML all the games are really tight which means no big payouts. Despite last weeks mess ReDS are 11-7 favourites over Dwings which gives a 1.57x payout on a Dwings win which is the only bet worth making right now.

Pro matches still aren't open, with all games 3 predictions away. Like IML, there's not many bets to be made. The only real underdog worth your money is on Inferno beating Boundless which would give you a 6x payout right now, although that may change when the betting opens. For pro I'd look to make spread bets again with BoP (+7) over Starseed and MMA (-2.50) over ds the top two.

Good luck and I'll let you know how I got on next week

eXTReMe Tracker