Friday, January 28, 2005

AML Semi Finals Quick Predictions

Well it's like this...

I just finished the semi final predictions and was copy and pasting them into the blog when my PC froze up. Couldn't do anything to fix it, had to reboot and it was bye bye predicts =(

So instead of re-writing them, which I'm fucked if I'm going to do, you're only going to get this summery of what I wrote:


Llamasery vs ElementalForces

Tight game here, with llamas trying to keep their shape against EF's more aggressive style. The key here may be Sky0ne's Strong Bad style computer explosion. Without that control from spec we could see another performance like the NB loss from EF as ego's run unchecked, and if it's one thing EF have got in spades it's unchecked egos. Llamas to just sneak it in a very tight low scorer. And yes I know last week I said whoever won the EF/BN game would be my pick to win it all. In my original predictions I spent a log time going over this in detail and why I could still choose llamas. You'll just have to take my word that I had very good arguements.
Quickometer: 3-2 Llamasery


NightBane vs StarFire Elite

Another tight game. SFE have the teamwork, NB have the individual skill. This match is going to be decided on one thing: lag. Both these squads have laggers falling out of their asses. The difference between them though is that NB's laggers usually end up in spec while SFE's laggers will stay in and tank. Another point to bare in mind is that both of these teams have choked before deep into the playoffs when they were expected to win and I expect this game will be decided on a choke by someone here. As NB seem to be the team of density right now I'll go with them to win it in another tight one with MfA choking to lose it for the StarFire Elities.
Quickometer: 8-6 NightBane


As these are pretty shitty predicts I'm going to do something extra next week as I unveil my first ever Vorbometer Super Bowl predictions. Football predictions with subspace analogies. Does it get any better than that?

eXTReMe Tracker